The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Discover Your Personality Type!
- Team development—helps ease communication among team members, identify team strengths and weaknesses, and create action plans for improved performance
- Leadership development—deepens leaders’ understanding of their personality type and the types of those they are leading to help them manage better, give more meaningful feedback, and improve individual and team performance
- Conflict management—improves skills in identifying sources of conflict and intervening early to prevent underperformance, disruption, and disengagement
- Stress management—builds resilience, increases productivity, and offers strategies for identifying and managing stress triggers
- Career transition and planning—helps guide individuals on career choice, development, and management
Download a sample report!
Developed more than 50 years ago by Isabel Briggs Myers and her mother, Katharine Briggs, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) is the most widely used personality assessment in the world. With a proven record of reliability spanning more than 50 years, it offers a foundation for understanding individual differences and applying that understanding to the ways people think, communicate, and interact.
The MBTI assessment is used to develop individuals, teams, and organizations to meet today’s challenges in such areas as communication, team building, leadership, and career management. The assessment helps people determine their preferences on four scales:
- Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I) - Where you focus your attention
- Sensing (S) or Intuition (N) - How you take in information
- Thinking (T) or Feeling (F) - The way you make decisions
- Judging (J) or Perceiving (P) - How you deal with the world
MBTI Form Q Advantages
Form M of the instrument has 93 items and provides the basic MBTI four-letter type, while Form Q has 144 items and provides greater detail beyond the four-letter type. That helps you uncover the many different facets of type that make each individual unique. These insights are perfect for coaching, action planning and building cohesive teams
- Provides a finer level of detail to explore how individuals of the same personality type may express their personality differently than Form M
- Provides in-depth development actions across a range of important individual issues
- Provides individuals’ 4-letter Myers-Briggs personality type code plus results on 20 facets of that type
Why It's Popular
- Easy to grasp, insightful, and thought provoking.
- Takes about 35 minutes to complete
- Highly flexible in its wide range of application
- Available in 20+ languages—with culturally appropriate norms for each country for which a translation is available
- Narrative style, user-friendly reports that relate to specific application areas